Margetts Research is a trading name of Margetts Fund Management Ltd (MFM). Our aim is to ensure we act to always deliver good customer outcomes and this page is intended to provide a detailed understanding of what this means, and the method used to achieve it. If you feel at any point that Margetts or its agents failed to deliver good customer outcomes, please contact us with the details and we will address your concerns.
The 12 principles for businesses of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the regulator in the UK which authorises and regulates MFM, covers this point in Principle 12 which states ‘a firm must act to deliver good outcomes to customers’.
Consumer Duty sets a standard which reaches into every aspect of your relationship with us. This includes, but is not limited to, the outcomes listed below:
- You can be confident that you are dealing with a firm where acting to deliver good customer outcomes is central to our corporate culture.
- Our products and services are marketed directly to you or via an intermediary with care taken that they are suitable for your needs and objectives
- You are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- If you receive advice from us, the advice is suitable and takes account of your circumstances.
- You are provided with products that perform as we have led you to expect, and the associated services are both of an acceptable standard and as you have been led to expect.
- You do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers should you chose to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
All members of staff are actively incentivised to bring any example where a procedure may not have resulted in the delivery of a good customer outcome to the attention of senior management. Any incidents are investigated thoroughly, and corrective action taken if appropriate.
The Margetts Directors will consider the principle of acting to deliver good customer outcomes at each board meeting and look at complaints, identified rule breaches and any other information which they feel important to monitoring the outcomes of our clients.